Fall 2019 Islamic Studies Courses
He is . . . Knowing Allah and 5 is 50: Fiqh of Salah
He is . . . Knowing Allah classes are live-streamed on Sundays at 10:00 a.m. (New York EST)
5 is 50: Fiqh of Salah classes are live-streamed on Sundays at 11:30 a.m. (New York EST)
FKAD Livestream is accessible on desktop and mobile devices.
Every student receives downloadable course materials.
2 Course Bundle,
Discounted Tuition Fee for Each Course
HE IS . . . Knowing Allah - 13 classes (4 CREDITS)
How do we understand his Names and Attributes? Get inspired through learning the in-depth meanings of His Names and Attributes and the science behind them. What's the difference between His Name, Attribute, Action, and Description? See the wisdom of the selective usage and sequence of His Names in the Quran. Unlock the secrets linked to His Names and success. Learn the secrets on how to make every action a form of worship. Witness history unfold and see what role Greek philosophy plays in interpreting His Names and Attributes.
- Understanding the names and attributes of Allah
- The difference between His names and attributes
- Allah's purpose of mentioning two names in one verse
- The importance of affirmation and negation of Allah's names and attributes
- Making more powerful du'aas using His names
- How understanding His names and attributes will increase your emaan
- Signs that Allah loves you
- Comparing the concept of god in Islam with other religions
- Understanding the greatest verse in the Quran: Ayat ul Kursi
- Seeing calamities differently
- Maximizing your du'aa and dhikr
- And much more!
5 is 50 . . . Fiqh of Salah - 13 classes (4 CREDITS)
Is one-fifth of your prayer being accepted? Where do you put your hands after ruku? Do men and women pray differently? Learn about every motion of the prayer with in-depth knowledge of its fiqh. Engage in live comparative fiqh discussions. Absorb the deep meanings of the words, du’aas, and dhikr used in prayer. Come out of this course confident about your prayer and enjoy living the words of the Prophet, “Pray as you have seen me pray.”
- The meaning of salah
- History of salah
- The ruling of salah
- Conditions for salah
- How to improve focus in salah
- Explanation of the salah movements
- Forbidden salah times
- Making up missed salah
- Adornment in salah
- Awrah in salah for men and women
- Common mistakes in salah
- Different types of salah
- And much more!
“My heart was softening to the remembrance of Allah, my personality was changing, my state of mind was being refined, my outlook on life developed further as I got to know my Creator more."
- Radiyyah Hussein
“The course drove me to be energized every week to come back and have my mind amazed as I learned how the Quran really worked."
- Hanan Aslam
- Nancy Hossain
"I had a career, a family, I tried my best to perform my obligations as a Muslim but I struggled with the “why.” One day, I walked in on a Sunday morning to taste the first class and years later walked out those same doors empowered to embrace the only path in life that matters."
- Ahmad Abdel Aziz